Earlier this month, the Chi Psi Central Office and The Chi Psi Educational Trust hosted the 4th annual Mid-Year Leadership Retreat at Camp Marymount in Fairview, TN. One of the major highlights of the weekend’s program was planning this spring’s Rowe Regional Leadership Conferences. The following dates will be when our five regional conferences will take place.
Northeast: February 22nd
Alpha Psi, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Southeast: February 8th
Alpha Iota Delta, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Midwest: February 22nd
Alpha Nu, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Mid-Atlantic: March 22nd
Alpha Omicron Delta, Washington and Lee University, Lexington, VA
West Coast: March 1st
Alpha Delta Delta, University of California, Berkeley, CA
As you see, Chi Psi Fraternity has returned to a governance system consisting of five regions. This spring, Alpha delegates will have the opportunity to elect a Regional Undergraduate Representative to Chi Psi’s Executive Council. These representatives will serve one year terms, and they will be present at all future Executive Council meetings, including Chi Psi Fraternity’s 173rd Convention held this July in Nashville, TN.
Who should you send to your Alpha’s Rowe Regional Leadership Conference?
- Your Alpha’s Executive Committee (#1-#5)
- Recruitment/Social/Philanthropy Chairs
- Lodge Manager
- Spring Pledge Class
- Any Active Brothers
Who should you invite to your Alpha’s Rowe Regional Leadership Conference?
- Greek Life Office Staff Members (especially for host Alphas)
- Local Alumni (do not have to be alumni of your Alpha) and Advisory/Corporation Board Members
- Potential New Members
Why should you go to Rowe Regional Leadership Conference?
- To meet Chi Psis from other Alphas within your region
- To build camaraderie and learn best practices
- To share fun event ideas
- To learn about the Program for Excellence and strategically plan how your Alpha will incorporate events into your Alpha’s calendar
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Financial Management Seminar
- Dress for Success Course
- Guest speakers including the Chief Operations Officer of the Minnesota Wild (Midwest)
- Breakout sessions covering topics such pledge education, social event planning, alumni relations, and Ritual
Some of my best Chi Psi undergraduate memories were attending the Northeast Rowe Regional Conference. During my junior year, Alpha Pi had the opportunity to host and it was very fun to show our Lodge and the library that had just been built. We were also excited to take Brothers to our local spots on campus, and encourage them to take on the local food challenges.
If you have not yet considered attending Rowe Regional Leadership Conference this spring, I encourage you do so. Ask Brothers and alumni who have attended before to gain their perspective, and learn more about the program. The Central Office and your traveling Alpha Visitor would also be helpful resources. Please let your #1 know if you have any questions or concerns, and we’ll be happy to address them. With the exception of the Northeast Rowe Regional Leadership Conference, I will be attending and look forward to seeing all of you!
Justin M. Zolot, Pi ’12